Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Sunday 13 July 2014

Casper - 1995 to 2014

Today, our beloved cat Casper (affectionately known as Capsie) passed away whilst lying in the garden. He'd been 'going downhill' for a few months and was losing weight rapidly, but the vet said that his quality of life was still good and we should cherish him while we can. He was, therefore, a very pampered cat. The header image that will be briefly featured on this blog was taken just 9 days before he died - I guess I knew his time was nearly up.

We'd had him since September 1995 when we collected him and his sister from The Cats Protection League. We were told that, at that time, he was approximately 8 weeks old. If he was exactly 8 weeks old, he missed his 19th birthday by 6 days.

He was great company and he considered himself to be one of the family (as did we), always sitting between us in the evenings when we were together. He is already being very sadly missed, particularly as my wife is away on holiday with my daughter and granddaughter at this time, with me staying at home to look after him.

Please excuse me posting this on my blog. I know that it has nothing to do with the blog's title, but I consider my blog a bit like a personal diary and, therefore, I do not feel that it would be true to his memory if, on these pages, I ignored his passing.

God bless you Capsie, and thank you for the delight of your company for the past 19 years.

CASPER - 1995 to 2014         (taken in November, 2013)

12 comments:

  1. So sorry to read about Capsie. You and your wife have given him nearly 19 years of a happy life Richard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a cat loving family - the Woodruff's - we were sorry to hear of Caspers passing. Over the years we've had a few felines all loved and cherished. Our last one was Hetti and she lived with us with one of her daughters for several years, we also took in one or two strays over the years, all of which brought us many happy hours.

    I'm sure 'Capsie' had a good and happy life with you at the Pegler household, but we share your sorrow at loosing him Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry to hear the sad news. I know how difficult it is to lose a four legged member of the family, I still grieve over many of our family members who have gone to their animal heaven. Just try to remember all the good times and loving times you have had with them. "Friend, please don’t mourn for me, I’m still here, though you don’t see, I’m right by your side each night and day, and within your heart I long to stay." My thoughts are with you Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are very beautiful words. Thank you, Diane

      Delete
  4. That's sad news mate but at 19 he had a long life added to the fact you got him as a rescue you gave him a great long life. I bet the rescue centre would love to hear about it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you hate cats, Doug, so your words of sympathy are even more appreciated in that knowledge. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear Richard, a sad moment indeed...
    We are bracing ourselves for the same pain with our old belgium shepherds.
    And I can well understand your sorrow since you are alone to face this loss.
    Cats and dogs are members of a family and share all our feelings probably a lot more than is thought.
    Sad that they live such a short life, although 19 years old is very respectable.
    You and your family (I am thinking especially of your daughter) might want to adopt a kitten to fill the void some time soon....
    I've left you an answer to your comment on my blog.
    Chin up, many of us will be wholeheartedly with you.
    Hugs Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind words, Noushka.

      Delete
  6. This is very sad news. We join with you in sorrow ... Our condolences, Richard ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Piotr and Michał. I miss him a lot.

      Delete

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.